Xavier Athletic Advisory Board meeting minutes and related documents
Scope and Content
Meeting minutes, correspondence and related documents of the Xavier Athletic Advisory Board.
- Majority of material found within 1935-1996
Restrictions on Access
Restricted access. Please contact the Xavier University Archives staff.
History of Xavier University Athletic Advisory Board
The Board has been known by various names in the course of its history. Its earliest title seems to have been The Athletic Council. It existed under that name as early as 1923. In 1935, as a result of Xavier's loss of North Central Association accreditation over the football program, the Athletic Council was abolished and replaced by the Board of Athletic Control, also referred to as the Athletic Advisory Council. By the 1970s it was simply called the Athletic Board. More recently it has been called the Athletic Advisory Board.
1.25 Linear Feet (3 boxes)
Language of Materials
Meeting minutes, correspondence and other documents of the Xavier University Athletic Advisory Board.
Statement of Arrangement
Materials are arranged in this general manner:
- Meeting agenda, minutes and related documents arranged chronologically
- Board correspondence arranged chronologically
- Documents relating to the men's basketball coach search of 1979
- Xavier Athletic Advisory Board meeting minutes and related documents
- Edited Full Draft
- Thomas Kennealy, S.J.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note